Bodyspecs

Visit Bodyspecs at www.bodyspecs.net for more Fitness and Sports Performance Information

Friday, January 20, 2012


 
"ITS EASY FOR YOU!"

Really? You think  easy for me. I, just like you, have days where I just don’t want to train. Some days it takes everything I've got to get up and out the door. Just because I am a trainer doesn’t mean it’s easy for me. As the old saying goes, “if it was easy, everyone would do it”.  I have found that once I am out the door and my training has begun, my endorphins  kick in, and the training becomes a bit easier. Yes, there have been sessions where I have said, “Okay this just isn’t working” but those sessions are few and far between.  

This is the time of the year where everyone is busy making New Years resolutions to train and get fit; some I’m sure which have already faltered. It is great to have a long term goal, but start with thinking about the little changes you can make on a daily basis and stick to them.

Okay. So what. You only got one training session in this week. Doesn’t mean you give up! Start again the next day.  Your training doesn’t have to be something crazy, involving 20 pieces of equipment and last 90 minutes. That was proven in the REP's class last Wednesday evening;) Tell yourself, you’re going to go and walk around the block, run to the corner and back or dust off a piece of that equipment in the basement and use it for 10 minutes. Whatever it is, commit to doing it 1-2 times a week. Another tip that I know works for me, is training in the morning. By doing this I don't have to worry about all the other things that might be "more important" and have to be accomplished.  

Every day you wake up is a new beginning.  I really believe that training is 90% mental and the other 10% is the actual training session. Put your mind to it and one day it will be easy for you!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment